Contributing positively to economic and environmental sustainability is on everyone’s agenda and now more than ever. Food is too important to waste, but in Ireland, one million tonnes of food waste is disposed of every year and the cost per household is €400 - €1000.
It can be hard to keep food fresh for long, forgetting to eat it before the sell-by date and not noticing the rotting of perishable goods in the back of the fridge. Throwing away money and food is never on the agenda so here’s how to change that.
As 45% of all fruit and vegetables are wasted every year, how do we keep our perishable goods stay fresh?
Simple Tips & Tricks;
- Remember to check the date when purchasing your food, if the sell-by date is within the next couple of days, have a recipe ready and use it as an ingredient.
- Utilise the first in first out rule – order your fridge shelves to have your oldest purchases at the bottom and newest purchases at the top and work your way down, to enjoy all your food at its freshest moment.
- Meal Planning – write up a weekly meal plan to use up food that can be cooked not chucked! Take a look at Bosch Recipes online and get creative.
- Perishable Goods are no more - make a soup, smoothie or stock and enjoy the goodness in a different way.
- Add it to your water – there are numerous health benefits to adding fruit to your water as well as great taste.
- Freeze what you can’t save – food that can be stored in the freezer and used again at a later date.
- Ask yourself are you storing your food in the right place.
- Compost if you can – we never like to throw out food but compost can make it avoidable – reuse your food scraps by turning food waste into energy for your garden.
- Last but not least – explore Bosch’s intelligent VitaFresh Technology, with all the features that were designed for precisely these purposes:
Learn about Food Waste in Ireland:
Food waste is a global issue but with Bosch VitaFresh technology, perishable goods such as fruit and vegetables are kept fresh for longer, resulting in food to be enjoyed not wasted – a goal we can achieve. Near 0°C for hygienic storage of fish and meat in a specialised drawer, as well as VitaFresh technology that keeps fruit and vegetables fresh for longer. In other words: more taste, less food waste.
Bosch invents for life – with the aim to contribute positively to economic and environmental sustainability.
What if appliances with technology to reduce these figures existed?
Bosch precision-engineered fridges do just that. Reduce your food waste with the best way to keep vegetables fresh in the fridge. With all the features that were designed for precisely that purpose: Near 0°C for hygienic storage of fish and meat in a specialised drawer, as well as VitaFresh technology that keeps fruit and vegetables fresh for longer. In other words: more taste, less food waste.
Food waste is a global issue but with our VitaFresh technology, perishable goods such as fruit and vegetables are kept fresh for longer, resulting in food to be enjoyed not wasted – a goal we can achieve.
How does VitaFresh work?
One zone of VitaFresh comes with a low-temperature setting at around 0°C, in it, you can store fish and meat hygienically in a separate drawer preventing the transfer of odours and bacteria. The big drawer was specifically designed for fruit and vegetables, preventing moisture loss with special sealing, the inside of the drawer always maintains optimum humidity. It can easily be adjusted to the ideal freshness requirements in two settings. Simply said, VitaFresh fridges are the best way to keep vegetables and fruits fresh.
The VitaFresh plus freshness system guarantees ideal storage conditions at any time and ensures that fish, meat, fruit and vegetables stay fresh up to 2x longer. Lettuce can last up to 14 days and strawberries lifespan increasing by 5 days.
At Bosch not only do we have innovative refrigeration technology with VitaFresh but our Freezing technology NoFrost promises multiple benefits. What does NoFrost technology mean? With a NoFrost model, the humidity in the air is collected on the central fin evaporator rather than building up in the appliance or on the foods. This chiller, which draws the warmth out of the freezer area, automatically defrosts from time to time. The resultant condensation is taken to the outside and evaporated using the compressor warmth in a special collecting pan. This lowers humidity in the appliance, which means that almost no ice forms. So no need to worry about defrosting any more.
Get perfect results with Bosch, with the SuperFreezing feature, providing protection for pre-frozen food. SuperFreezing is designed to protect frozen food from defrosting when adding new food to your freezer. When the required temperature is reached, the automatic freezing function returns back to normal. Protecting your food and preventing energy waste.
To learn more about Bosch Refrigeration, check out the dedicated category here